Why Study Emergency Management at Madonna University?
A Madonna University degree in Emergency Management provides you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to obtain a career in the emerging emergency management field. As an emergency manager you will plan, direct, and respond to a wide variety of natural, manmade, and unforeseen disasters.
This Bachelor of Science program will prepare you to:
- Provide disaster preparedness training
- Provide emergency response
- Develop business continuity plants
- Respond to natural disasters (tornados, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes)
- Respond to manmade disasters (hazardous material spills, terrorist attacks, and large scale interruptions in water, sewers, and power)
The Emergency Management program at Madonna enjoys an excellent reputation for preparing students for the real-world challenges they will face during their career. You will learn about all of the recent advances in this emerging career field. The program consists of 44 credits, in addition to general education requirements. Students who are studying in other fields may be interested in an emergency management certificate of completion which can be earned in 18 credits.
Due to the diversity of this profession, a wide variety of employment opportunities can be found in federal, state, and local governments as well at the private sector. All of our faculty members are, or have been active in the field of emergency management. Learn from real world experts who do the job you are training for.
- Federal Emergency Management Administration
- Department of Homeland Security
- American Red Cross
- Hazardous Material Management
- Public Health Preparedness
- Public Information Officer
- Hospital Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Management Specialist
- Emergency Management Coordinator