College of Education CAEP Data
As part of our effort to show our continuous improvement and demonstrate transparency, the College of Education, as directed by our accrediting body (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation), make the following data available as part of our Annual Reporting Measures:
- Impact on P-12 learning and development (Component 4.1)
We are currently in the pilot phase of implementing assessment tools for measuring impact on learning of our completers.
- Indicators of teaching effectiveness (Component 4.2)
As indicated by our Educator Preparation Institution (EPI) Score report, we received a Satisfactory rating from the Michigan Department of Education. Included in the calculation of this score take into account the effectiveness ratings of our completers in their first three years of teaching.
Madonna University's score
How score is calculated
Statewide EPI score reports for 2016
- Satisfaction of employers and employment milestones (Component 4.3 | A.4.1)
Madonna is currently taking part in a statewide pilot survey of principals asking them to rate their satisfaction with new hires from participating institutions. Survey results are currently being analyzed and the data will be shared here.
- Satisfaction of completers (Component 4.4 | A.4.2)
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) sends out surveys to new teachers asking them questions regarding the job search process and their satisfaction with their preparation.
2016-2017 Year-Out Survey (completers in 2015-2016; N=4)
Further Madonna University does an internal survey of our initial completers one year after graduation (Completers in 2015-2016; N=19)
We are working to develop similar measures for completers of our advanced programs.
- Graduation Rates (initial & advanced levels)
Based on reporting to IPEDS, our institutional graduation rate for 2015-2016 was 61%, with a transfer-out rate of 26%. We are working to develop mechanisms to disaggregate our data to the college level (both initial and advanced programs).
- Ability of completers to meet licensing (certification) and any additional state requirements; Title II (initial & advanced levels)
3-year initial and cumulative pass rates for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC)
- Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they have prepared (initial & advanced levels)
Based on the year-out survey distributed by the Michigan Department of Education, of the 4 respondents, all 4 responded, “I found employment in my content area(s), and was happy with my teaching placement,” to the related question.
In addition, based on our initial survey, of the 20 completers who received teaching certificates, we found that:
- 50 % found full-time employment in a classroom
- 10% found part-time employment in a classroom
- 20% were employed in another teaching endeavor
- 10% were employed as a substitute teacher
- 10% were employed outside the teaching profession
We are working to develop mechanisms to track completers of advanced programs into positions related to their preparation.
- Student loan default rates and other consumer information (initial & advanced levels)
Basted on the most recent data from our Office of Financial Aid (FY 2014; 3-year cohort), our overall institutional default rate is 5.2%.