Why study Aging Studies at Madonna University?
- One out of five people in Michigan is aged 60 or over, and long term care is the tenth largest employer in the U.S., above retail and federal employment.
- The federal government is promoting long term services and supports in the community, and this will be a growing segment of the economy.
- Before you graduate, your internship and numerous community contacts will provide you with hands-on experience, increase your confidence in your abilities, and start your professional network.
- You’ll become an expert in advocating for older adults, accessing community resources, and working in a variety of community and long-term services settings.
- Your faculty members are all respected professionals in the aging field, who bring real life experiences and skills to the classroom.
As an Aging Studies student, you will be prepared to address the growing and evolving concerns of an aging population. You will be able to promote positive aging, and help older adults retain their health and well-being so they can achieve their highest potential. You will experience the appreciation of older clients as you assist them in acquiring benefits, finding appropriate housing, acquiring health and technology literacy, and accessing needed services. To achieve this goal, you will know about the physical, social, psychological, and spiritual aspects of growing older in American society. You’ll sharpen your communication and critical thinking skills, and graduate prepared to find and master a rewarding career working in the aging field.
|Careers||Employers of Alumni|
|Residential housing administrator||Presbyterian Villages of Michigan|
|Admissions director||American House|
|Volunteer manager||Jewish Senior Life|
|Activities director||Manoogian Manor|
|Life enrichment director||Brookdale Senior Living|
|Intake coordinator||Marywood Nursing Center|
|Community liaison||Alzheimer's Association|
|Community health worker||Clinton Twp. Senior Adult Life Ctr.|
|Senior center programming||Civic Park Senior Center - Livonia|