Why Study Community Leadership at Madonna University?
The Community Leadership Program at Madonna University is one of only a few programs in the United States where students can earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Community Leadership. This program provides you with the tools needed to promote positive social change in your community and beyond, preparing you for active, lasting, civic engagement and community leadership roles, as well as a variety of careers in Social Services, Administration, Management and Governmental Organizations.
With this program, you will:
- Focus on areas of service and leadership that most interests you
- Have opportunities for service-learning and applied learning through practical experience, working with faculty and community leaders who have experience in non-profit organization, management, grassroots planning, development and implementation of community change.
- Gain a strong interdisciplinary academic background with an emphasis on social science, communication and business, while fulfilling many of your Core Curriculum requirements.
- Have flexibility through a combination of traditional classroom experience as well as online learning
- Enjoy small class size with more personalized instruction
The Community Leadership major offers you the opportunity to earn an undergraduate degree in Community Leadership while simultaneously fulfilling core curriculum and major course work. This additionally allows you the ability to obtain relevant minors and/or certificates which will provide you with the flexibility to customize your experience to your employment and/or graduate school goals.
This degree will provide you with the opportunity to gain the necessary tools and skills to succeed in obtaining employment in settings which will allow you to be an agent of positive social change within your community and overall society.
The program’s focus on community-based learning will help you develop hands-on practical solutions to current challenges affecting the well-being of people, the environment and animals.
You will also develop a framework to think globally and act locally.
Students who graduate with a degree in Community Leadership will be prepared to seek employment with federal and state government, recreation programs, non-profit organizations, and human service organizations.