Change to Student Information - Name, Address, SSN Form
Students who wish to have their name or Social Security number changed must complete a Change of Student Information form and provide the appropriate documentation such as a marriage certificate, updated Social Security card, or any legal documentation reflective of the change.
Students who wish to have their address changed may use the same form or can do so online through their MY Portal account:
- Sign into MY Portal using your user name and password
- Click on the Personal Info link at the top next to your name
- Click on the Biographical Info tab
- Click on the Pencil next to Name and Address
- Update the information you wish to have changed in the pop-up that appears
- Online changes are reviewed and applied within 2 business days by the Registrar’s Office
Throughout the year, the Registrar's Office is open:
|Monday and Thursday*||8 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
*The Registrar's Office is closed during all University holidays and closes early, at 5 p.m., on Holy Thursday. (The Thursday before Easter.)
Extended hours during first week of each semester: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please see the current academic planning guide or bulletin for specific dates.
Registration | Form
Students may register according to published dates:
- Online through MY Portal
- By emailing email@example.com
- By mail: Registrar's Office, 36600 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150-1176
- By fax: 734-432-5405
- In person at the Registrar's Office
Change in Registration
Adds, Drops, and Withdrawals Form
Students are reminded that Financial Aid may be affected by dropping or withdrawing from classes. Please be sure to check with the Financial Aid Office before dropping or withdrawing from classes.
Changes must be made by the close of business or they are treated as received on the next business day.
For additional information regarding tuition credits please see the current Course Schedule.
For general information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic, Administrative, or Grievance Requests | Special Requests Form
All special requests begin with this form and should be in writing (signed and dated by the student).
Note: Except in rare and unusual circumstances, requests will not be accepted more than 60 days beyond the end of the semester relative to the request. A lack of knowledge regarding the policies and procedures that affect you or a lack of attendance are not a basis for approving any request.
This form can be used for the following requests:
- Academic Forgiveness (undergraduates only)
- Course Load Over 18 cr. (undergraduates only)
- Reinstatement (undergraduates only)
- Withdrawal/Drop with or without refund consideration
- Grievance: for consideration of a grievance resulting from misinterpretation of the Madonna University Bulletin and/or departmental policies (Grievance Policy). Students who wish to appeal a grade or removal from their academic program must also follow this procedure. For academic grievances, students must follow a prescribed process beginning with the faculty, the department chair, and the dean. Once these steps have been followed, this special request can be used to initiate a University appeal hearing. This can also be used for non-academic grievances, such as for behavioral sanctions like expulsion or dismissal from the residence hall or a club.
Please refer to the second page of the form for specific details and instructions for completing the special request form.
Madonna University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted online at National Student Clearinghouse or by mail at:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
We no longer provide verifications. You can obtain instant verifications through the NSC website.
To order a transcript or a replacement diploma/certificate, use our online ordering system.
|Standard Processing||$5 each|
|Replacement Diploma or Certificate Fees|
|Standard – U.S. Postal Service||$2.25|
|Standard – U.S. International||$5|
|FedEx Delivery – domestic||$25|
|FedEx Delivery – international||$47.50|
- Official electronic copies are only available through our online ordering system.
- International and express mailing options are only available through our online ordering system.
- We include a graduation copy of your transcript at no charge with original diplomas for students to review.
- Picture ID is required for all pick up requests.
- Requests for third parties to pick up transcripts must have written permission from the student on the request form.
- Students may view and print their Unofficial Transcript on MY Portal. (Login, "Student" tab, "Course Information" left navigation, "Unofficial Transcript")
- Walk-in service is available upon request.
If you need assistance with ordering a transcript or replacement diploma/certificate, please contact Jennifer Ashford at email@example.com or 734-432-5406.
Transcripts are normally processed within 48 hours. Copies sent directly to students are stamped "Student Copy" and are considered "Unofficial."
Not a student but need to order credentials for a current or former student?
Use the "Not the Student" button above. You will be redirected to our Parchment.com ordering site.
Upon admission to Madonna University, your official record is transferred from Admissions to the Registrar’s Office. Within two weeks, your transcripts from previous institutions are reviewed and any transfer credits are applied to your academic record.
You will be sent an official evaluation through the mail but you may review these credits online through MY Portal. Please note: your transfer credit evaluation is an official record of the courses for which you have been granted transfer credit. Whether these courses will apply toward requirements of a given program will be determined by conferring with an advisor. Madonna University reserves the right to make revisions to the evaluation as needed. Please contact the Registrar’s Office for more information. See the Articulation Agreements & Guides.
- A maximum of 74 credits can transfer from two-year institutions.
- The last 30 credits for a bachelor's degree must be earned at Madonna University.
- Courses with a grade below a C (2.0) will not transfer, nor will remedial level courses.
- All requests for adjustments, additions, and corrections to your evaluation must be submitted in writing to the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the semester following admission.
Madonna University respects the privacy of our students. Student information is shared only in strict compliance with FERPA (see below for Madonna University’s institutional response to FERPA). Students have the right to either restrict the release of Directory Information, or request their information be freely shared with another individual (such as a spouse or parent) by filing a request at the Registrar’s Office.
Madonna University's Response to The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
FERPA protects the privacy of student records and student rights pertaining to those records, including the following:
- The student’s right to inspect and review educational records
- The student’s right to view and request amendment to their records
- The student’s right to limit disclosure of information from their records
- The right to file a complaint with regard to these rights
Madonna University continues to enforce FERPA since inception of the act in 1974. According to federal regulations, all universities are required to notify students on an annual basis of their rights under FERPA. Madonna University complies with this regulation by publishing FERPA notifications in the print and Web forms of the Bulletin.
The following items are considered “Directory Information” according to our interpretation of FERPA. Only these items may be released without student's consent:
|• Name||• Dates of Enrollment|
|• Email address||• Date(s) of Graduation|
|• Major/Minor Field of Study||• Participation in Officially Recognized Activities/Sports|
|• Degrees/Certificates Earned||• Awards Received|
All other items are considered restricted information and will not be released or discussed without student's written consent.
If a student exercises the right to restrict the release, no Directory Information pertaining to the student will be published or otherwise released to third parties without consent, court order, or subpoena. Once a request is filed, it is in effect until one year after the student’s last attendance or until the request is revoked in writing.
Students can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education if they believe their rights under FERPA have been violated. Complaints should be addressed to:
Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education,
400 Maryland Avenue, SW,
Washington, DC 20202-5920
Published by the Registrar’s Office, Madonna University, February 2008. For more information on student records, refer to the Bulletin. The Registrar’s Office will make this document available in large print or audio format upon request.
Here’s what you can do:
- Sign into MY Portal to view any holds
- Select Personal Info (next to your name)
- Select the Academic Info tab
- In the middle of the page, find the section on holds. Review any holds on your student record and read the remarks about how to have them removed. (See the example below)
For additional assistance regarding holds, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 734-432-5400 or email@example.com and provide the hold code and/or description of the hold.
The Academic Planning Guide provides:
- Academic Calendar showing all of the important dates and deadlines
- Tuition and Fees
- Withdrawal and refund information
- Phone Numbers
- Campus Maps
August 27 to December 15, 2018
January 7 to May 4, 2019
Academic Planning Guide
Academic Planning Guide
The Course Schedule is now on MY Portal for your use in finding and registering for courses.
Undergraduate CatalogsCatalog 2017-2018
+ More publications...
What effect does a hold have on my registration or transcript?
Students may check for holds through their MY Portal account. Once signed in go to 'Personal Info', under 'Academic Info', to review holds.
Registration Holds: Holds prevent students from registering, adding, or dropping/withdrawing courses at any time, regardless of the hold. Contact the department issuing the hold for a resolution prior to registering for classes.
Transcript: Only holds related to financial debt prevent us from releasing a transcript. Financial holds must be resolved with the Student Accounts Office prior to the release of any transcript.
How do I find my final grades for a semester?
Official grades are available online through your MY Portal account. Once signed in go to the 'Students' tab, 'Course Information', and then 'MY Course History' to view your grades.
How do I print my unofficial transcript?
An unofficial transcript is available online through your MY Portal account. Once signed in go to the 'Students' tab, 'Course Information', and then 'Unofficial Transcript' to view your unofficial transcript and to find a printable version at the bottom of the page.
The day or days of the week courses meet are indicated in the course schedules by a single letter representing the day.
M = Monday
T = Tuesday
W = Wednesday
R = Thursday
F = Friday
S = Saturday
U = Sunday
A course may have multiple meeting days. A course with meeting days of 'TR', indicates that the course meets on both Tuesday and Thursday.
Where is my diploma or certificate?
All diplomas and certificates are mailed approximately 4 weeks after the end of the semester from the Office of the Registrar.
For your convenience, we've made all of our forms available in one convenient place.
Change of Academic Record
For adding, deleting, or changing your major, minor, degree program, certificate program, etc.
Student Information Change: Name, Address, SSN
Change your name, address, or Social Security number using this form and supporting documentation (if applicable).
FERPA Release Form
Give permission for someone other than yourself to access your record, pick up your transcripts, or opt out of directory information sharing.
Graduation Application: Undergraduate
Certificate Application: Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Apply for graduation at the undergraduate level and for undergraduate certificates of achievement and completion.
Change in Registration: Adds, Drops, and Withdrawals
Use the Registration form for your first registration in a semester. Use the Change of Registration form for adds, drops, or withdrawals.
Special Request: Academic | Administrative | Grievance
Use this form to request special consideration for Academic or Administrative purposes or exceptions to policies as well as to file academic or non-academic grievances.
Credit by Transcription – NUR 3480 (1 semester hour) for CNA certification
Madonna University partners with several higher education consortiums. Please see your retention specialist, your advisor or the Registrar’s Office for more information.
- DACHEC (Detroit Area Catholic Higher Education Consortium) – Arrangement with University of Detroit Mercy and Sacred Heart Major Seminary for courses at those locations – see the current Undergraduate Catalog for additional information
- FOA (Felician Online Alliance) – Arrangement with Felician University and Villa Maria College for online courses [FOA Registration Form]